Loan Insurance Scheme (LIS)
Loan Insurance Scheme (LIS) provides an avenue for Singapore companies to obtain trade financing through the use of loan insurance. It is a joint programme between Enterprise Singapore and part of the insurance premium will be sponsored by the Government.
- Wide range of loan facilities may be considered under LIS including
- Inventory/stock financing loans
- Structured pre-delivery working capital facilities (including revolving working capital facilities related to underlying trade transactions)
- Factoring/Bill or Invoice or accounts receivable discounting with recourse
- Overseas Working Capital Loans Support Facilities (Borrower of the LIS5 Loan is a majority-owned overseas subsidiary of a Singapore-based company)
- Banker's Guarantee in support of contract fulfillment
- Competitive interest rates
- Financing may be used for a broad range of business activities, including to
- Support establishment of inventory storage and distribution hub
- Expand existing manufacturing capacity
- Diversify into other product lines and capabilities
- Augment working capital needs
- Expand trading into new markets
- Broaden distribution channels
- Support and fund their majority-owned overseas subsidiaries
Who can apply
You can apply for LIS if your company meets the following criteria:
- Registered and operating in Singapore
- At least 30% of your company's shareholding is local
- Company's Group* annual sales of not more than S$100m OR Company's Group* employment size of not exceeding 200 workers
|*||Annual sales turnover and employment size will be computed on a group basis. (i.e. All levels up for corporate shareholders holding >50% of total shareholding of the applicant company and any subsequent corporate parents, and subsidiaries all levels down) .|
Companies applying must meet the above criteria.
Insurance premium (including GST on the insurance premium) will be imposed on loan facilities covered under this scheme. The premium is to be paid by the applicant when the loan is approved.
Please refer to the Application Form for the complete list of required documents.