Enjoy up to 1.55% p.a. on 24-month SGD Time Deposit
Enjoy attractive interest rate on your Singapore Dollar Time Deposit when you deposit fresh funds into your Maybank savings accounts.
Rates are subject to change without notification.
Terms and Conditions
- Promotional rate is applicable from 10 July 2017 and shall end on a date to be determined by Maybank in its absolute discretion.
- Customers will enjoy Promotional Rates on 12-month or 24-month Singapore Dollar Time Deposit when they make a deposit into a Maybank Passbook Savings, Privilege Plus Savings or SaveUp Account (“Savings Account”).
- For every S$1,000 deposited into the Savings Account, S$10,000 can be placed into the Singapore Dollar Time Deposit, subject to a minimum of S$50,000 in Time Deposit and the corresponding minimum deposit of S$5,000 in the Savings Account.
- The funds deposited into the Time Deposit and Savings Account must be made at any Maybank Branch in Singapore, using fresh funds and excluding transfers from existing Maybank accounts (if any).
- Funds deposited into the Savings Account will be held by the bank for the same period as the Singapore Dollar Time Deposit from the date of deposit is made and will not be available for withdrawal during this period of time. For the avoidance of doubt, any withdrawal of the Deposit Amount during the Holding Period shall result in the corresponding termination of the Time Deposit under this Promotion.
- The full upfront interest amount from the Singapore Dollar Time Deposit will be credited into customer’s Maybank Savings Account opened and/or maintained with Maybank, on the next business day following the successful placement of the Time Deposit.
- Additional Terms and Conditions governing this Promotion apply together with the Terms and Conditions Governing Singapore Dollar Time Deposit. Additional Rules and Regulations governing Savings shall also apply.
Deposit Insurance Scheme
Singapore dollar deposits of non-bank depositors are insured by the Singapore Deposit Insurance Corporation, for up to S$50,000 in aggregate per depositor per Scheme member by law. Monies and deposits denominated in Singapore dollars under the CPF Investment Scheme and CPF Retirement Sum Scheme are aggregated and separately insured up to S$50,000 for each depositor per Scheme member. Foreign currency deposits, dual currency investments, structured deposits and other investment products are not insured.