Singapore Dollar Time Deposit
Earn higher interest; access overdraft facilities secured against your deposit; renew your deposit placements automatically upon maturity
- Among the highest time deposit interest rates in Singapore
- Minimum deposit of S$1,000 (for a tenure of at least 2 months)
- Placement periods from 1 to 36 months
Earn higher interest by putting your money in a Singapore Dollar Time Deposit. With the range of placement periods from 1 to 36 months, you have the option of picking the most suitable tenure to maximise the potential of your savings.
|Leap up to 1.10% p.a. with SGD Time Deposit|
|From 7 March 2017, enjoy up to 1.10% p.a. when you deposit a minimum of S$25,000 in 12 months Singapore Dollar Time Deposit.|
Click here to find out more.
- Access overdraft facilities secured against your deposit
- Auto-renewal of deposit upon maturity
- Easy monitoring of your deposit via PhoneBanking (Dial-Link) and Online Banking
Among the highest time deposit interest rates in Singapore
- Premature withdrawal of less than 3 months – No interest will be paid
- Premature withdrawal of more than 3 months – The interest is pro-rated based on the number of days the Time Deposit is placed, calculated on the lowest tier of the prevailing Savings Account rate at time of withdrawal or the contracted rate, whichever is lower.
Minimum initial deposit
- S$1,000 for tenures from 2 to 36 months
- S$10,000 for a 1-month tenure
- S$1,000,000 for a 1-week tenure, applicable only to corporate accounts
Who can apply
- Singapore Citizens, Singapore Permanent Residents, Foreigners
- At least 16 years of age
- Singapore Citizens and Singapore Permanent Residents – Singapore NRIC
- Passport and Employment Pass; and
- An original copy of the latest bank statement, utility or telecommunication bill with
your residential address indicated
Fees and charges
- Service fees and charges may apply
Deposit Insurance Scheme
Singapore dollar deposits of non-bank depositors are insured by the Singapore Deposit Insurance Corporation, for up to S$50,000 in aggregate per depositor per Scheme member by law. Monies and deposits denominated in Singapore dollars under the CPF Investment Scheme and CPF Minimum Sum Scheme are aggregated and separately insured up to S$50,000 for each depositor per Scheme member. Foreign currency deposits, dual currency investments, structured deposits and other investment products are not insured.