Multi-Currency e-Pay (MCEP)
(Exclusively for Maybank Kim Eng Customers only)
Multi-Currency e-Pay (or MCEP), is a one-stop investment payment service that allows you to pay for your trades in SGD, USD or HKD within the KE Trade Portal, using your Maybank Singapore Dollar and foreign currency account(s) as your source of funds, and credit your share proceeds to your Maybank account(s) of the same currency.
- Share payment instruction is executed directly from within the KE Trade Portal
- Pay and credit your shares in SGD, USD or HKD from your Maybank account(s)
- Avoid telegraphic transfer cost and forex losses for USD and HKD denominated trades
- Avoid forced selling due to insufficient funds in your account by nominating a Secondary Maybank account
Do not have a Maybank account? Click here
How to trade shares with MCEP?
See illustrations below on debiting and crediting of share payment made from Maybank accounts in Singapore Dollars and foreign currency.
For more information about this service click here.
- Convenience with all-in-one trading and payment of shares done seamlessly within the KE Trade Portal.
- Peace of mind, as share payments and proceeds are directly debited from, and credited to your pre-designated Maybank Primary account(s).
- Option to set up Maybank Secondary account(s) as a backup to your Maybank Primary account(s) for deduction of share payments, should there be insufficient funds in your Primary account. This will prevent force-selling of shares due to non-payment. .
- No forex losses due to same currency trading with your Maybank foreign currency account(s).
- Selected Maybank account(s)^ opened for the purpose of MCEP will enjoy preferred interest rates and selected fee waiver.
^Only for iSAVvy Savings Account or USD Call Account (Chequebook will not be issued for the Account).
Who can apply
To apply for MCEP service, you will need to have a Maybank Kim Eng trading account and a relevant Maybank account†. If you do not have an existing Maybank account to be used for MCEP, you may approach any of the Maybank Kim Eng Investor Centre for assistance.
†Valid personal account in SGD, USD and/or HKD.
This service is exclusively for Maybank Kim Eng customers. MCEP allows funds to be debited from, and credited to your Maybank Primary / Secondary account(s) in the same currency.
The table below shows the additional privileges you enjoy when you open selected account(s) and link them to MCEP.
Trade in SGD
Trade in USD
Trade in HKD
0.6875% p.a. - 1.000% p.a.
Monthly Service Fee:
SGD2 Monthly Service Fee (Service fee not applicable with a minimum average daily balance maintained)
HKD50 Monthly Service Fee (Service fee not applicable with a minimum average daily balance maintained)
*You are advised to credit the minimum average balance into the account within 30 days from the date of account opening to prevent the account from being closed.
1The USD Call Account can be maintained with zero balance, it will not be automatically closed. Chequebook will not be issued for the Account.
Questions? Our FAQ may help.
Deposit Insurance Scheme
Singapore dollar deposits of non-bank depositors are insured by the Singapore Deposit Insurance Corporation, for up to S$50,000 in aggregate per depositor per Scheme member by law. Monies and deposits denominated in Singapore dollars under the CPF Investment Scheme and CPF Minimum Sum Scheme are aggregated and separately insured up to S$50,000 for each depositor per Scheme member. Foreign currency deposits, dual currency investments, structured deposits and other investment products are not insured.